At Upton Snodsbury C of E First School, our governors play a vital role in leading the strategic direction of the school and are committed to providing the highest standards of education for each pupil.
The different categories of governors on our governing body are:
- Parent Governor who have a child in school at the time of their election, and are elected by the parents with children at the school;
- Staff Governor who are members of staff at the school and are elected by their colleagues;
- Foundation Governor are appointed on to the governing body by the Board of Education of the Diocese of Worcester
- A Local Authority (LA) Governor who is nominated by the local Councillor and appointed by the governing body;
- The Headteacher (HT) is also a member of the governing body by right of the position they hold in the school;
- Co-opted Governor can be appointed to serve on committees and attend meetings of the full governing body.
The Instrument of Government at Upton Snodsbury CE First School calls for a total of 11 Governors comprising of:
- 3 Parent Governors
- 1 LEA Governor
- 2 Staff Governors (of which one must be the headteacher)
- 3 Co-opted Governors
- 2 Foundation Governors
Upton Snodsbury CE School, Full Governing Body members and their role and responsibility can be viewed here
Governors profiles here
If you have any questions you would like to ask, please contact the clerk via the School Office on 01905 381288 or by email email@example.com
We also have a Code of Conduct and Governors' Allowances Policy.
Governors visit the school formally to monitor the progress of the School Development Plan. The Governor Monitoring Policy describes this process.
If you are interested in becoming a governor please complete the application form here.