Innovate Services provides delicious hot meals and packed lunches for you to pre-order online.
Who can apply for free school meals?
Free School Meals can only be awarded if you or your partner are claiming either;
- Universal Credit provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax
How do I apply for free school meals?
Worcestershire Children First have set up a new self-service process to manage free school meals applications and keep you up to date with any changes.
For anyone who is currently eligible and receives free school meals, there will be no changes or loss of eligibility until at least July 2023 even if your personal circumstances have changed.
The system uses the same portal you used to apply for your child’s school place. You should use your admission application login details on the Citizen Portal to apply for Free School Meals. The link that you will need is: https://emsi.worcestershire.gov.uk/CitizenPortal_LIVE/en.
Who qualifies for universal infant Free school meals?
In 2014 the Government introduced universal infant free school meals for all pupils in Reception, Years 1 and 2.
How do I apply for universal free school meals?
If your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, they will automatically be enrolled onto universal free school meals (UFSM)