Welcome to Year 3/4
Hello and welcome to Year 3/4
In Year 3/4 we work alongside the following adults: Miss Earp, Mrs Harding and Mrs White
We are the Key Stage Two class. We enjoy learning in lots of different ways. We use lots of resources to help us learn and enjoy practical and written lessons. We love learning lots of new things and always go above and beyond with developing our knowledge. We follow the Key Stage 2 part of the National Curriculum. Alongside our chosen topic we learn about Science, Art and Design, Computing, Geography, History, Music, PE, Design technology, RE, and PSHE and Philosophy for Children. We also learn French.
PE days: PE is on a Monday and Friday. Please ensure PE kit is always in school for the half term.
- Reading - Please hear your child read every day as this really does make a difference to their progress. Reading diaries will be checked weekly and children who have read at least 3 times will receive a sticker for their bookmarks. Please remember to keep your reading diaries up to date. The children may like to write the name of the book they have read at home or you can write a comment (Both would be fantastic!) Children are responsible for changing their own reading books and may do so on a daily basis.
- Spellings – Spellings will be sent home every Tuesday and tested the following Monday every week. You will find your child’s new spelling rule in their home reading record each week. Remember when the children are learning spellings they need to be able to spell them correctly in their writing and not just for the test, so look over previous spellings to help keep them fresh we will be revisiting old spellings at the end of each half term.
- Topic – A grid of activities will be provided for your child to complete as many as they would like. This will be given to you at the beginning of the Topic so that the children can manage when they would like to do them.
- Maths - Children will have a maths task set each week on Seesaw. This will be a consolidation activity based on the weeks learning.
Our topic is: What happens when volcanoes erupt?
Terrific Times Tables!
In Class 3/4 we work really hard towards learning all of our times tables. We play some great games and learn lots of fun songs! Here is a list of some games and songs you could use at home:
- Coconut Multiples - Reinforce Times Tables (topmarks.co.uk)
- KS2 - BBC Teach
- Times tables Speed Test X - Timestables.com
- Three Times Table Song (Cover of Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars) - YouTube
- Six Times Table Song! (Cover of CHEERLEADER by OMI) - YouTube
- Nine Times Table Song (90's Song Mashup) - YouTube